NLnet Labs is looking for an innovative, high-tech entrepreneurial Commercial Director to expand the DNS business of Open Netlabs BV. The Commercial Director will work closely with the CEO of NLnet Labs and its operations manager and reports to the CEO.
ABOUT OPEN NETLABS
Open Netlabs BV is the commercial subsidiary of NLnet Labs, the not-for-profit company that has been developing widely used open source DNS software tools such as NSD and Unbound since 1999.
Open Netlabs was established in 2013 and commercializes and productizes the tools of NLnet Labs. Open Netlabs provides an important revenue stream for NLnet Labs, enabling it to continue strengthening the core technologies of the Internet through its open source tools and contributions to open Internet standards.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Leading efforts to identify, create, and acquire new international and domestic business opportunities, partnerships, and audiences, also outside the company’s traditional industry niches;
- Developing short and long-term marketing plans that will increase company awareness and capabilities and reinforce the company’s profile;
- Establishing contacts and leads with potential customers, maintain and enhance existing customer/partnership relationships;
- Increasing revenues, both from existing solutions and services as well as from adding new ones to the company’s portfolio based on NLnet Labs tools and support services;
- Formulating and realizing a strategic plan to close on the identified opportunities, aligned with the strategic plan of NLnet Labs;
- Directing and further professionalizing the day to day operations of the organization, including its marketing, sales, support, and engineering activities;
- Supporting and actively disseminating the organization’s mission, goals, and products to continually strengthen the core of the Internet;
- Liaising with and reporting to the company’s shareholders, closely collaborate with the CEO and operations manager of NLnet Labs.
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications:
- 10+ years of international experience in leading and executing business development, marketing, and sales efforts in high-tech organizations;
- Proven track record in successfully launching and growing new solutions and services through “outside the box” approaches;
- Extensive experience in leading and coaching teams of technical experts;
- Open source enterprise and software distribution experience required, experience with Internet infrastructure operators is a plus;
- Experience with service agreements, proposal development, and contract negotiations;
- Strong communication, organizational, and problem-solving skills;
- Entrepreneurial experience such as in startup is a plus;
- Capability to cultivate productive working relations at various levels, both internally as well as with outside partners and consultants;
- Vision on he socioeconomic value of the Internet and recent developments related to the Internet’s core technologies;
- Fluent in English, Dutch language skills are a plus;
- Masters or Bachelors degree, engineering degree is a plus.
Software Support Engineer
As Open Netlabs is growing, we currently have a vacancy for a support engineer who would like to join our team in Amsterdam.
For our DNS Support activities, Open Netlabs is looking for a (junior) software engineer and developer. Prime responsibility will be assisting our global customers by providing technical support on their open source DNS-infrastructure. As well as the design and development of (customer specific) functionality as an extension to our current software products.
Requirements are a BSc/MSc degree, in-depth knowledge of at least one programming language (preferably C). Desirable skills are knowledge of networking, DNS, and scripting languages (e.g., Python or Perl).
For more info: please contact Benno Overeinder at email@example.com.